A variety of circumstances might require staff to temporarily work remotely (online) with minimal notice: a severe weather event, increased absenteeism during a flu outbreak, a family emergency requiring your presence elsewhere, etc. This guide provides you with actions to take when making the shift quickly, and resources to support the transition.
- Prepare ahead of time, if possible. Make sure your laptop has all the software you need, or that you have a device that can remote to your desktop.
- Stay in regular communication with co-workers and supervisors.
- If you have questions about something not working right, contact email@example.com.
- Find a quiet, comfortable place to work, if possible. Try to minimize distractions.
- If you are using your desktop at home and you lose connection, try calling someone in the office to see if it needs to be turned off and on again. Surprisingly, this helps.
- To see if you are ready to work from home, look at the How to Prepare checklist.
- To access specific applications when working from home, go to our Working Remotely checklist.
- If you have questions for IT Partners, go to the Training Seminars or Office Hours.
- If you want to stay informed, we have some helpful links.
Latest Email Updates
- July 15, 2020 - Returning to Campus Guidelines Now Available from James D. Anderson, College of Education Dean
- June 26, 2020 - Return to Campus | Update on Safety Protocols from College of Education Office of the Dean
- June 25, 2020 - LINK CORRECTED: Fall 2020 Instruction | Academics Subcommittee Expanded Information & Guidance from College of Education Office of the Dean
- June 18, 2020 - Important Information about Fall 2020 Instruction Plans from College of Education Office of the Dean
- June 15, 2020 - REMINDER: Final Hours Left to Complete this Return to Campus Survey from Amanda Brown, Executive Assistant Dean for Administration
- June 12, 2020 - Return to On-Site/Transition Committee | Weekly Update from College of Education Office of the Dean
- June 5, 2020 - Return to On-Site/Transition Committee | Weekly Update from College of Education Office of the Dean
- May 29, 2020 - RETURN TO ON-SITE WORK: Specific College of Education Guidance from Dan Morrow, Chair, College of Education Return to On-Site/Transition Committee
- April 9, 2020 - FW: Message from Wojtek Chodzko-Zajko, Graduate College Dean from Graduate Student Services Office at the College of Education
- March 27, 2020 - FACILITIES UPDATE: Education Building, CRC Closed to the Public until Further Notice from James D. Anderson, Dean
- March 16, 2020 - Effective Immediately: Continuity Plan for Remote Teaching, Working, and Learning from James D. Anderson, Dean
- March 13, 2020 - Preparing for Remote Work: Staff Training and Practice Drill on March 17 from Amanda Brown, Executive Assistant Dean for Administration
- March 12, 2020 - COVID-19 update for College of Education faculty, staff, and teaching assistants from James D. Anderson, Dean